Divorce has never been an easy process. It includes highly paid lawyers, fights over children’s custody, litigation charges and above all, couple’s pain of getting separated. That is why there are many alternatives to help such families and out of these, one is divorce mediator. When couples realize that with a divorce mediator, things can get settled even at difficult stages, they get a sense of relief.
A mediator will be seated with both couples, and allow both spouses to communicate and let each other know their needs. This helps them to come down to an agreement where the property is divided, child custody and support as well spouse support if needed, is decided peacefully. Mediation divorce is very common in Kent because couples there believe, to maintain peace in their life.
Some of the benefits of hiring a divorce mediator
- A mediator is cheaper than a lawyer.
- You can decide a time to schedule meeting with your spouse however, in a court settlement, the judge decides date for you.
- It is a flexible procedure unlike trials that happen in courts.
- A mediator only looks at the present as well as future and helps spouses to come at a position where both accept the deal without getting into the messy past.
- With a mediator you make decision unlike court where the judge makes a decision and you are bound to follow it.
- A courtroom battle is ugly where all your secrets become public and your children are victim to everything. At least in a mediator room your concerns and issues remain confidential.
It isn’t bad to involve your lawyer into a divorce mediation process because the agreement should be thoroughly read by your attorney, before you sign it.