In present scenario, vehicles are used by a large number of people in order to cover long distances in less time. But it leads to increase in air pollution. When a car is run a particle known as diesel, particulate matter is produced from incomplete fuel combustion resulting in emission of black carbon (soot) particles into air causing air pollution and also it has severe effects on the health. All the diesel engine cars are equipped with diesel particulate filter which captures soot in order to avoid its emission in atmosphere. However, when soot does not get burnt and is collected in the filter the car starts dysfunctioning. For this reason, Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner (DPF) is used. It ensures soot burning even at low speed or short journeys just by adding the bottle contents to the fuel tank.
Working of DPF cleaner
There are various methods of cleaning DPF. DPF cleaning is the process of oxidizing the particulate matter in the filter. The filter must be cleaned at regular intervals and while cleaning it the procedure must be followed as described below
- Remove the filter element from the burner and place it in the filter cleaner.
- Wash the filter channels in high pressure water.
- Clean both (inlet and outlet) sides of filter.
- Then bake a kiln at high temperature and place filter in it.
- Remove ash or debris left over.
- Decrease the temperature slowly.
- Ensure that all the dust or carbon particles have been completely removed.
- Fix the filter in the burner again.
Benefits of DPF cleaner
The filter would stop working if it is not cleaned regularly. Over accumulated filters can also cause air pollution. An effective DPF cleaner keeps check on it. By cleaning diesel particulate filter, it improves its performance and vehicle runs smoothly on road. Moreover, it reduces maintenance cost and enhances the working of engine. A DPF cleaner is essential for proper functioning of Diesel particulate filter in diesel engine vehicles.